In your Classroom
HOst a Where Art Lives teaching artist residency in your classroom
Classes of students from 4th through 10th grade in San Francisco public schools or after-school programs can become artists with the Where Art Lives program.
The program is fully funded via a grant from the San Francisco Arts Commission and is FREE for all participants.
- Teachers will be provided with curriculum, training, and a stipend.
- The class will receive art supplies and visits from professional artists.
- Each student will receive their own sketchbook in which to develop their personal style and experiment with ideas for their own street art.
- Together we will create art for a public exhibition and develop ideas for how art can benefit the community
Try out the Where Art Lives curriculum in your classroom
- SFUSD teachers: test our curriculum in your classroom in fall 2018.
- Receive a stipend for your feedback.
- We will provide art supplies for your students and visits from our teaching artist.