Teach with us
The Where Art Lives program plans to hire another teaching artist to join the program. This is a short term part time gig. Our teaching artists can expect to teach at 3 sites for 4-6 sessions at each site.
Compensation: The pay is $60/hour for those who have taken at least one course in the Integrated Learning Specialist Program (inquire about free tuition for those teaching SFUSD students) to gain expertise in arts integration or $50/hour for those not enrolled. Teaching artists will be paid for coordination, preparation, and training time.
The gig: Teaching artists in the Where Art Lives program will work with classroom teachers and staff at community programs to implement the Where Art Lives curriculum and generally help students from 4th grade - 10th grade develop as artists.
- Professional artist with graffiti style lettering skills.
- Experience as an educator of diverse urban youth.
- Knowledge of graffiti history and its place in the art world and community.
- A demonstrated commitment to improving own's own community.
- Spanish, Filipinio, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Arabic fluency a plus.
Send a cover letter addressed to Todd Berman, a resume, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.